Purcelloleary are recruiting for a Product Owner who will work with our Agile software engineering teams to successfully deliver features and products to the market.
The Product Owner will be responsible for certain key functional areas of the product and will work with Product Stakeholders to help define business requirements, working with scrum teams to translate these to technical tasks and assist the team in the delivery of product features in a specified timeline.
Our ideal candidate would have experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner.
• Attend requirement gathering workshops in order to define user stories for product features
• Build and refine the product backlog. Create and prioritise stories that align with the product roadmap and release goals
• Work in sync with our Product Management team, contributing to product vision, roadmap and release planning
• Act as a point of communication between the business and software development
• Be a champion of user experience and define and execute user stories that ensure superior customer experience when using feature/product
• Use agile/scrum methodologies to help drive and deliver product releases.
• Help remove any impediments that the development team face during the product life cycle.
• Provide business with updates on project status while record and communicate any Risks or Issues that may impact project deadlines
• Work collaboratively across all functional departments including marketing, sales, support, professional services, architecture and others and drive communication of releases including new features and defects to internal and external stakeholders.
• Involvement in the project planning & support of software solution development projects through the project lifecycle.
Essential Requirements for the Product Owner role:
• In-depth knowledge of how Scrum Agile works in a software development environment.
• 3-5 years in a Software Engineering or Software support role
• Experience in developing Consumer focused web applications
• Experience in Agile development (particularly Scrum) in organizing and motivating teams to succeed
• Demonstrated experience in writing user stories, acceptance criteria and Agile software development
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
• Certification or experience in areas related to Product Management, Scrum or Agile methodologies
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Adapting & Responding to Change
• Excellent communication and technical skills
• Experience with dealing with third party suppliers.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment with strong skill of exerting influence
• Strong technical aptitude; programming and/or UX (User Experience) background a strong plus
• Experience with some of: Python, MySQL, PHP, HTML5, CSS3 , ReactJS, Jira a plus
• Experience in online gambling web applications highly desirable