Payroll – Dublin West
The Payroll Specialist role will be critical to executing our company-wide employee growth initiatives as we strive towards our goal of becoming a Centre of Excellence for several of the businesses. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the preparation of monthly and weekly payroll across our ROI and UK locations. This role reports to the Payroll Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- End to end processing of monthly and weekly payroll across assigned UK and Irish Entities
- Ensuring that all Revenue Real Time Payroll Reporting requirements for assigned payroll groups are met by the due deadlines.
- Work with operations teams to ensure that the Time and Attendance system is accurate and that established cut offs and deadlines are adhered to.
- Payroll general ledger reporting and reconciliation of payroll balance sheet items to be completed on a payroll period basis.
- Work closing with finance departments & group tax on all payroll related reporting for management and statutory purposes.
- Liaising with local HR in relation to employee information for new hires, exits and amendments processed through local HRIS systems.
- Liaise with third parties as necessary such as HMRC, the County Courts and external pension providers.
- Liaise with local finance and HR functions to maintain BIK compliance in line with company policy and country specific revenue guidance.
- Provide superior customer service in responding and resolving employee queries with efficiency and professionalism in line with established departmental SLA’s.
- Compliance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and responsibility for ensuring that appropriate confidentiality is continuously maintained.
- Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol. Assure that behaviour complies with the Uniphar credo and supports a positive work environment
- Any further duties that may be assigned to you.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- IPASS qualification
- UK and ROI Payroll experience is required
- Megapay experience is a distinct advantage.
- Experience with Workday HRIS system is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fast-paced, high volume, multi-jurisdiction payroll environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail given the precise requirements of payroll reporting
- Flexible team player
- Focused on continuous Improvement, be willing to challenge the status quo and suggest process efficiencies
- Strong Communicator with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Customer service focused
- Proactive and capable of working on own initiative
- Salary 50k plus benefits