Interview Skills – We all need
Interview skills we all need
To ensure you have the best chance of interview, please print this out and tick off the check list:
Ok let’s go:
Make sure you know your cv from start to finish, all dates and places that you worked, college courses you have taken
Speak your Answers aloud – Practice over and over
Do not assume you know the answers in your head, when you go to speak if you have not practiced them, you will fail!!
- Do not read from your cv in interview, this will cut communication, you must know everything on your cv
- If you tend to fidget, put one hand over the other and keep it on your lap.
- Dress appropriately
- Don’t wear too much make up or jewelry
- Everyone avoid wearing a skirt that is too short or too tight or a top that is too low.
- Everyone avoid wearing pants that are too tight, too short or odd socks.
- May sure you have good eye contact with both interviewers, look from one to the other when you are speaking
- Listen carefully to the question, do not be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat the question if you are not sure what they are asking.
- Keep your answers clear and concise. Make sure you answer the question that is asked
- Do not ramble to something else.
- Have good questions ready to ask, show the interviewer that you are a serious contender, you are serious about the role and company
- Remember, the interview is as much for you as for the interviewer. Do you want to work with these people and this company
Can you see yourself as part of their Team?
If you can fluidly answer these questions, you have a strong chance in this interview (once you are happy with you answer, tick the box)
Please talk me through your education to date?
Why did you choose the courses you chose?
Tell me about your work experience to date.
Why did you choose that role?
Why did you choose that company?
Why did you leave ????? you need good answers here
What attracts you to this role?
What attracts you to this company?
What can you bring to this company?
What are your strengths????
Have 3 strengths ready and examples to back them
Eg. I pay good attention to detail – for example I input 20 invoices without any mistakes.
What is your weakness – please email me this if you want me to check it as many people fail on this.
Be friendly and professional. Never fall into the trap of being too casual. This is an interview!
This document is exclusive from Purcelloleary, contact Bridget at 0868121302 if you have further questions