Senior Python Software Developer – WFH
Purcelloleary are looking for a dynamic, skillful and enthusiastic person to join our Software Development team. Someone who takes ownership for their work, is committed to building high quality, extensible code and who has experience working within an agile software development team is the ideal.
This role allows you to work from home but you must be based in Ireland.
What is Expected of You for the Senior Python Software Developer
- To design and develop code with performance optimisation, extensibility and maintainability in mind
- Own and drive development tasks that you are involved in, participating and supporting your agile development SCRUM team. Provide support to the business for critical issues.
- Functionally and Unit test all developed code to a very high standard to enable QA to test efficiently
What You Need for the Senior Python Software Developer role:
- Demonstrable experience with Python, MySQL & Linux
- 7+ years professional development experience
- 5+ years experience developing with Python
- Experience in version control systems, ideally Git
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule
- Strong communication skills and fluency in verbal and written English are essential
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
Desirable for the Senior Python Software Developer
Experience/understanding of working in an Agile environment
- Experience with asynchronous networking library such as Twisted or Tornado
- Redis or other modern non-relational data storage systems
- Testing. Especially unit testing, test-driven development and behaviour-driven development
- Modern Python web frameworks. e.g. Flask, Django and Python ORM e.g. storm, sqlalchemy