Our client are looking for a Release Engineer who will take ownership of the release and deployment process, drive initiatives to improve efficiency and collaborate with multiple teams to meet the demands of a growing system. This person must be able to demonstrate success in developing and owning our continuous integration process.
A dynamic, skilful and enthusiastic person to be a hands-on lead, who takes ownership of their work, is committed to quality assurance, is self-motivated and enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.
Key Responsibilities for the Release Engineer
- Take ownership of our release and deployment process for staging and production environments, ensuring consistent and reproducible releases across multiple environments
- Line management duties for the release engineer team
- Manage team backlog and priorities
- Design and implement solutions for improving automation and speed of our release/deployment processes
- Configuration management of our environments
- Work closely with our Architecture team, Scrum teams and our Tech Ops team to ensure smooth deployments of our services
Essential Requirements for the Release Engineer
- Experience in similar position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- First-rate level of analytical, planning and organizational ability
- Experience with Jenkins, and Groovy scripting
- Experience with Ansible
- Extensive experience with Python
- Linux experience, bash scripting
- Strong knowledge and experience using distributed version control (e.g. git)
Desirable Requirements for the Release Engineer
The salary on this role is 55k plus benefits and you be based in Ireland and hold a visa to work here.