QA Engineer -WFH
Our client are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join our team. This person must be able to demonstrate success in developing, owning and executing comprehensive test plans which take advantage of automation tools where possible. A dynamic, skilful and enthusiastic person, who takes ownership of their work, is committed to quality assurance, is self-motivated and enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment.
For this role you must be currently living in Ireland
Key Responsibilities for the QA Engineer
- Own the QA deliverables for projects that you will be involved in from requirements to production release.
- Interact with product management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project / testing objectives and contribute to clearing out requirement ambiguities.
- Write, review and execute comprehensive test cases.
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyse results.
- Manage defects through to closure.
- Work within an Agile environment, using JIRA, Test Rail and continuous delivery processes & tools.
- Actively participate in scrum events; refinement, planning, stand-ups, reviews and retros.
- Maintain and expand existing documentation (test cases, how to docs etc.) to create a repeatable and scalable test environment.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Gain product knowledge on the various applications.
- Contribute to automation where possible as the QA team identifies automation opportunities.
Essential Requirements for the QA Engineer
- Experience in Quality Assurance using manual and automated testing techniques/approaches.
- Eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland (European Union citizen or work visa holder)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent understanding of the full SDLC.
- Experience of writing test cases for and testing multi-tier systems; Database, App Servers, Web and Mobile Apps (iOS & Android), designing tests to mitigate risks, and helping business experts define requirements.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment – You must be comfortable working in a constantly changing work environment where speed and agility need to be balanced with quality and compliance.
- Experience with continuous delivery processes & tools.
- Experience with Unix, SQL and Postman.
- Experience working with browser DevTools.
- Perseverance to learn & courage ask questions to become an expert in a short period of time.
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, in which you determine your tasks daily in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you
- ISTQB or other software testing certifications.
Desirable for the QA Engineer
- Previous experience or knowledge of the gaming and sports betting industry an advantage.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- BDD Experience.