Medical Information Agent – GermanJanuary 12, 2022
Software ArchitectJanuary 12, 2022
The role of the Medical Information Analyst is to support Medical Information Services in Europe.
*Please note we are seeking a Native German Speaker with fluency in English*
The analyst is responsible for:
- Responding professionally to medical/pharmaceutical inquiries from Health Care Providers (HCPs), patients and other customers.
- Documenting all customer interactions in the appropriate computer system.
Handle calls requesting product information from HCPs and other customers.
Answer calls in a courteous, professional manner with predefined answers/resources.
- Handle of queries from patients by providing balanced, accurate and non-promotional information.
- Identify queries containing either adverse events or product quality complaints and handle these in accordance with the appropriate operating procedures.
- Accurately record all medical communication transactions into the medical information database. Documentation is to be concise, thorough, and accurate in accordance with Good Documentation Practices.
- Support the Medical Information organisation with the maintenance of the knowledge database.
- Facilitate fulfilment of customers’ requests.
- Escalate all enquiries without predefined answers according to defined processes.
- Other duties and special projects that are assigned by management (experience related).
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes.
- Ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Share most effective methods and practices with colleagues in order to satisfy customer needs and provide input/feedback to continuously improve daily processes.
- Maintain and enhance product and organizational knowledge.
- Support organizational changes and demonstrate flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the front line via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call volume variances.
- Participate in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the Medical Information or customer service environment. Attend team meetings regularly.
- Response to Crisis/Red Flag calls and refer to Medical Information staff until resolution.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities.
- Comply with any corrective and preventive actions.
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
- Depending on experience level – peer to peer coaching.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor degree, diploma, medical or pharmaceutical technical assistant or equivalent in health care, natural sciences, pharmacy, nutritional specialists or a related discipline, or relevant equivalent business experience. Business experience such as medical sales representative will also be considered.
- Sound background to understand national health care systems and organizational hierarchies.
- Native German speaker with fluency in English is a requirement for this role.
- Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner.
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Educational/work background in a health care, medical affairs, clinical development, scientific or medical communications field.
- Knowledge of customer center or medical information operational experience.
- Project management experience would be an advantage and fluency in German