Purcelloleary have been assigned to recruit for the role of Junior Trader.
Experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential, additionally he or she will have an excellent knowledge of mathematics and odds with a strong analytical background and a proven ability to drive P&L of our sportsbook product across a variety of platforms. The Candidate must possess first class communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.
The role of Junior Trader includes,
• Assistance in compilation of odds for Sportsbook in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Present accurate ante-post opinions on Sports book that are verifiable through P&L review.
• Continuously monitor and respond to information impacting on the profitability of Sports book
• Monitor competitor markets and react appropriately to any unusual market moves via Senior Traders
• Assist in the business operation process within the Sports book department as required.
• Develop, execute and monitor the trading strategy and principles of the online sports book product
• Analyse and create the trading framework for different sports and divisions
• Calculate and communicate the risks acceptable for betting activity for selected sports and leagues
• Analyse, Monitor and Manage customer’s risk profile and betting limits via Risk profilers
• Coordinate with the internal sportsbook team on Strategy, Marketing, Promotional and Operational issues
• Work alongside the Customer Services and Fraud and Finance to ensure accurate customer management and safeguard the company’s assets
What you need for the Junior Trader role:
• Strong knowledge of the Mathematics and Statistics that apply to Sportsbook
• Strong understanding of Microsoft office products particularly Excel.
• A keen interest and experience in Sports is essential.
• Excellent analytical background with the ability to relate to both business and IT.
• Highly business aware with an ability to react positively in response to changing situations.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver solutions in exacting timelines and demanding environments.
• Hard working, flexible and enthusiastic about meeting challenges with solutions.
Degree or equivalent in a mathematical or statistically related discipline or the equivalent experience.