Medical information SwedishSeptember 7, 2020
Training Lead ( Risk and Compliance )October 1, 2020
Purcelloleary have been assigned to recruit for the position General Accounting, Senior Analyst (Spanish speaker)
The General Accounting, Senior Analyst (Spanish speaker) requires a qualified Accountant fluent in Spanish.
RESPONSIBILITIES of General Accounting, Senior Analyst (Spanish speaker):
- Supporting the Hub Financial Controller for delivering accurate, robust and timely Financial Statements for the Spanish Hub, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Responsible for the Governance of the journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Responsible for the monthly US GAAP trial balance review process.
- Maintain strong processes to support a robust review and deep understanding of monthly Trial Balances for both the Hub
- Be a natural “go-to” person for the GA team to learn from & accordingly provide support to the GA Manager by assuming front line technical GA queries from the team & Affiliates.
- Expense Compliance Review – lead the monthly audit and follow up process.
- Responsible for SOx compliance & coordination with CAS team.
- Responsible for monthly review for activities to ensure a robust review of monthly Trial Balance in this area in conjunction with the financial controller
- Support the monthly PO accrual review process ensuring accurate cost estimates are maintained by coaching and engaging with team members involved in the process.
- Influence and lead effectively to ensure a strong control environment and compliance, taking account of agreed materiality.
- Build a strong working relationship with Hub CFO, Controller & Affiliate staff members to support in achievement of the above responsibilities.
- Partner with local affiliate on local statutory requirements and reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex US GAAP accounting treatments and corporate policy/procedures interpretation, leveraging expertise from Corporate Centre (US) as appropriate.
- Liaise with auditors for both group and statutory audits.
- Support the overall GA team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training of new team members
Travel is circa 10%
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS of General Accounting, Senior Analyst (Spanish speaker)
- Qualified Accountant, with a minimum of 3 – 5 years post qualified. US GAAP accounting standards knowledge an advantage
- Native Spanish speaker
- Controllership / Finance management experience gained in a Multinational Company
- Strong Systems Experience (e.g. SAP & Excel) is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills; ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands.
- Ability to build effective networks across functions, organizations, job levels and geographies.
- Ability to achieve results through people, directly and indirectly
- High self-awareness, resilient and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment, strong communicating skills essential.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/PREFERENCES of General Accounting, Senior Analyst (Spanish speaker):
- Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business knowledge and commercial awareness and to build a network to remain informed about business and process changes across the Hub: Hub/Affiliate Finance Director and Teams.
- Global Business Solution Center (GBS) Leadership and Teams.Affiliate Business Leadership and Teams, particularly Animal Health Business, Ethics & Compliance and HRCorporate Financial Reporting (CFR) and European Controller.Other Corporate Functions: LRL, Global Business Units with operations in Spain, Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing.
- Influence and Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency across the Hub/Affiliate and GBS.
- Act as the Affiliate/Hub Advocate for governing GBS performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Focus GBS on operational excellence and continuous improvements.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.Active contributor to the broader management and Leadership in line with Values:
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Provide technical training, coaching, mentoring for Hub/Affiliate staff, GBS.Actively connect with and understand people, in person and remotely.