HR Operations GermanOctober 12, 2020
Trading Operations ExecutiveOctober 12, 2020
Purcelloleary have been assigned to recruit for the role of General Accounting, Senior Analyst (Italian speaker)
This role requires an Accountancy qualification.
The Responsibilities of General Accounting, Senior Analyst (Italian speaker) will include:
Supporting the Hub Financial Controller for delivering accurate, robust and timely Financial Statements for the Italian Hub, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Responsible for the Governance of the journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Responsible for the monthly US GAAP trial balance review process. Maintain strong processes to support a robust review and deep understanding of monthly Trial Balances for both the Hub
- Be a natural “go-to” person for the GA team to learn from & accordingly provide support to the GA Manager by assuming front line technical GA queries from the team & Affiliates
- Expense Compliance Review – lead the monthly audit and follow up process.
- Responsible for SOx compliance & coordination with CAS team.
- Responsible for monthly review for activities to ensure a robust review of monthly Trial Balance in this area in conjunction with the financial controller
- Support the monthly PO accrual review process ensuring accurate cost estimates are maintained by coaching and engaging with team members involved in the process.
- Influence and lead effectively to ensure a strong control environment and compliance, taking account of agreed materiality.
- Build a strong working relationship with Hub CFO, Controller & Affiliate staff members to support in achievement of the above responsibilities.
- Partner with local affiliate on local statutory requirements and reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex US GAAP accounting treatments and corporate policy/procedures interpretation, leveraging expertise from Corporate Centre (US) as appropriate.
- Liaise with auditors for both group and statutory audits.
- Support the overall GA team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training of new team members
Travel is circa 10%
Basic Qualifications :
- Qualified Accountant, with a minimum of 3 – 5 years post qualified. US GAAP accounting standards knowledge an advantage
- Controllership / Finance management experience gained in a Multinational Company
- Strong Systems Experience (e.g. SAP & Excel) is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills; ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands. Ability to build effective networks across functions, organizations, job levels and geographies.
- Ability to achieve results through people, directly and indirectly.
- High self-awareness, resilient and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment, strong communicating skills essential.
Additional Skills/Preferences :
||Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business knowledge and commercial awareness and to build a network to remain informed about business and process changes across the Hub:
- Hub/Affiliate Finance Director and Teams.
- Global Business Solution Center (GBS) Leadership and Teams.
- Affiliate Business Leadership and Teams, particularly Animal Health Business, Ethics & Compliance and HR
- Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR) and European Controller.
- Other Corporate Functions: LRL, Global Business Units with operations in the UK, Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing.
Influence and Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency across the Hub/Affiliate and GBS.
- Act as the Affiliate/Hub Advocate for governing GBS performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Focus GBS on operational excellence and continuous improvements.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.
- Active contributor to the broader Controller community.
People Management and Leadership in line with Values:
- Fluent Italian speaker
- Provide technical training, coaching, mentoring for Hub/Affiliate staff, GBS.
- Actively connect with and understand people, in person and remotely.