Senior QA EngineerJanuary 18, 2021
Customer service with Italian, Romanian & EnglishFebruary 11, 2021
Purcelloleary have been assigned to recruit for the role of Financial Controller
The financial controller is a new role established to enhance current processes/controls, ways of working, optimise the ERP platform across all functions and provide value added business support to the directors with astute cash management a crucial feature in this phase as the Company evolves in terms of formats, customer install options and end to end customer service capabilities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will form an integral element of the cross functional management team as the Company.
The role will be supported by an experienced credit controller while sales revenue financing via a third-party finance provider is also a key ongoing relationship.
As the lead finance representative and cross functional ERP key user, allied to the scale of resource, the role will play an integral across all functions to ensure that the business model, ways of working and price / margin /quality decisions are optimised to enhance business value.
Key elements of the Financial Controller
- Manage the preparation of monthly accounts on a timely basis.
- Develop, prepare and present monthly reporting pack to the Directors which will require incorporating agreed business KPIs and progress update versus key deliverables for the finance function and the broader business.
- Providing value added business partnership to all functions across sales and operations to ensure that revenue and margin is optimised.
- Ensure a strong control environment is in place incorporating financial controls and procedures, documentation, customer terms management, new business etc.
- Cash management and credit control to facilitate robust cash flow planning to optimise financing costs providing periodic cash updates, funding options and recommendations to the Directors.
- Reporting, control and advice regarding funding implications of equipment rentals, maintenance, the leasing portfolio and customer installations.
- Enhance and maintain the Fixed Asset register (Tangible and Intangible assets).
- Implement an Annual Company Budget process and align to the ongoing reporting process to assess performance across all functions and KPI’s.
- Payroll preparation and pension administration.
- Ensure all statutory returns are completed and lodged on time.
- Continually improve accounting processes, procedures, systems and controls.
- As all business flows and transactions impact on finance, assuming the role of cross functional key user for the integrated software platform to ensure data integrity is maintained while the value and insight of management reporting outputs are optimised.
- Meet ad hoc requests as you strive to make Finance a key business partner with all functional leads.
General background, experience and skills required for this Financial Controller
- Professionally qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a lead financial senior management role.
- Proven capability to operate at a strategic level and possess the in-depth skills and expertise to be a key driver in management of the business.
- Strong communication skills with experience of operating in a cross functional team to raise the finance profile whilst also aligning to the core cross functional and Company objectives.
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen with proven excellence in financial planning and analysis
- A track record of accuracy and attention to detail in a high volume fast moving complex commercial environment in terms of customers, products, channels and formats
- Ability to demonstrate application of strategic commercial finance principles in a Commercial environment
- Leadership skill with change management experience.
- Capable of generating respect and trust from staff, directors and key stakeholders (e.g. banks, suppliers, customers, investors).
- Sets and executes high performance standards allied to an inquisitive mindset
- Demonstrates an energetic, self-motivated and flexible approach in all matters.
- Experience in FMCG a distinct advantage but not essential.
- Crucial that the candidate has experience in system implementations, projects and general experience working beyond Finance in a fast moving environment.
The remuneration package includes a competitive starting salary together with participation in the Company incentive plan and is negotiable depending on the calibre and experience of the successful candidate