Audit Senior, WexfordJanuary 4, 2018
Job Title: Financial Controller – (Italian)
Ownership and Accountability for delivering accurate, robust and timely US GAAP Financial Statements, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Governance and accountability for journal voucher, account reconciliation, capital asset accounting, Intercompany processes.
- Influence and lead strong control environment.
- Lead the monthly review process through analysis and insight of the underlying business in the respective affiliates/hub, incorporating in the preparation and presentation of monthly Trial Balance to Senior Finance leadership
- Partner with Hub/Affiliate Finance Manager on local statutory and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex accounting treatment.
- Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business acumen, commercial awareness across a broad base of business.
- Hub/Affiliate Finance Director and Teams.
- Shared Service Center (SSC) Leadership and Teams.
- Affiliate Business Leadership and Teams.
- Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR) and European Controller.
- Other Corporate Functions: Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing, LRL, HR and Compliance.
- Influence and Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency across the Hub/Affiliate and SSC.
- Focus SSC on operational excellence
- Act as the Affiliate/Hub Advocate for governing SSC performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.
- Leading the communication of financial information to all non-financial stakeholders.
- Influence and Co-ordinate the integration of local, regional and corporate initiatives.
- Partner with Hub/Affiliate Finance Director to design and maintain appropriate, right sized resourcing levels to provide Optimum Financial Services and Solutions.
- Succession Planning.
- People Business Continuity Planning ensuring continuous and consistent service delivery (incl. training, transition management).
- Provide technical training, coaching, mentoring for SSC, Hub/Affiliate staff.
- Be able to take charge of, inspire and influence a team of 10-12 employees
- Actively connect with your people and champion employee engagement
- Develop top talent by participating in regular succession planning and having robust performance /coaching conversatons.
Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Chartered/ Public Accountant – Preferably Big 4 Trained with a minimum of 5 years post qualified. GAAP/IFRS accounting standards knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA qualification is desirable.
- Any European Language is a plus
- Strong People Management & Leadership Skills