Clinical Publisher Associate – eCTDNovember 22, 2022
Regulatory Associate CMC – PharmaNovember 22, 2022
Purcelloleary are currently recruiting a Chief II Pharmacist for a private hospital based in the southeast.
Responsibilities for the Chief II Pharmacist :
Key Duties Responsibilities:
- The management and oversight of dispensary services within the hospital to ensure the delivery of a safe, legal, efficient and cost-effective drug distribution service.
- Ensuring the purchase, storage and supply of all medicinal products is operated safely, appropriately and economically, consistent with quality at pharmacy, ward and department levels and with reference to clinical appropriateness.
- The supervision, development and monitoring of the clinical pharmacy services.
- Promoting safe medication management practices within the dispensary and in the wider hospital and effectively managing risk to facilitate continuous improvement in the medicines management process.
- Providing advice and education to Nursing and Medical staff on the proper, safe and economic use of drugs including participation in initiatives for the dissemination of information.
- Liaising with Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical, other relevant stakeholders including the Quality and Risk Department to ensure safe standardised medicines management processes and to implement quality improvement initiatives
- The development, coordination and performance of audits and Key Performance indicators (KPIs).
- Participating in the Drugs and Therapeutics Committee including the preparation of reports, audits and KPIs.
- Providing leadership and acting as a role model, ensuring effective communication to and between all members of the pharmacy department
- Actively participating in the recruitment, induction, and development of staff involved in the dispensary and clinical services.
- Acting as Line Manager to Senior Dispensary Technicians and Clinical Pharmacists.
- Managing resources effectively and efficiently, having reference to budgetary provision.
- Participating in the Hospital’s JCI accreditation process.
- Deputising for the Chief I Pharmacist as required and performing any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Chief II Pharmacist :
Essential Criteria, the candidate will Chief II Pharmacist :
- Be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland or be entitled to be so registered.
- Have at last 5 years satisfactory post registration hospital experience.
- Be able to demonstrate
- excellent planning, organisational and resource management skills
- excellent leadership, interpersonal and people management skills
- experience of quality improvement initiatives
Desirable Criteria Chief II Pharmacist
- Experience in management, training and supervision of Pharmacy staff.
- A relevant management development course.
- A further qualification such as a post graduate diploma or MSc in Clinical Pharmacy.